Manager (Asst. Property Manager / Supervisor)
As the Assistant Property Manager / Assistant Community Manager you are the face of Archstone, and resident retention and satisfaction is your focus.
Whether it s helping to market the property through your research of local property management market conditions, handling service requests or finding diplomatic but effective ways to collect late rent and fees, you appreciate that each interaction is one more opportunity to build strong resident relationships.
Being an Assistant Property Manager at Archstone isn t like running any other apartment building, property or real estate
At Archstone, apartment management and property management is more than just a collection of tenants and units, it s a community that redefines property management.
As an Assistant Property Manager with Archstone, you will lead Archstone s efforts as your team shapes and defines a great experience for our residents.
Responsibilities One of the defining differences at Archstone is our customer service program Commitment to Great.
We look to exceed the performance of traditional bastions of five star world class customer services
like Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons and LL Bean.
You appreciate world-class customer service because it is the cornerstone of resident satisfaction and increases resident retention.
While outstanding customer service underlies our every interaction, as an Assistant Community Manager your role is part sales, part bookkeeping, part scheduling and full-time customer service.
While this role has its share of routine paperwork, system updates and data management, you will concentrate on ensuring that revenues are accounted for and revenue opportunities are maximized.
Additional responsibilities of the Assistant Property Manager include:
* Communicating with existing and prospective residents via face-to-face interactions, newsletters and notices
* Coordinating with vendors to manage service agreements, inventory and supplies
* Maintaining resident records and files including deposits, lease applications, leases, rent increases, late payments, collections, evictions, tenant move-ins and move-outs
* Routinely processing banking deposits
* Ensuring that grounds, vacant units and common areas are maintained in excellent condition
* Researching and compiling competitive information and presenting creative leasing and marketing ideas based on property management market conditionsIn certain properties you might have the opportunity to explore management and leadership as concierges may report directly to you.
In other properties you may also be handling additional leasing duties.
Unlike other property management or real estate environments, Archstone gives you both the responsibility and the tools to achieve management success.
Requirements Whether your background is property management, hospitality, hotels or customer service, you appreciate that people are complicated.
While you understand that sometimes difficult things happen to our residents, at the end of the day you don t mind addressing issues with them, such as rent, fees or noise and parking violations.
To be successful working in properties with an average of 300 units, you will need proven experience including:
* Two years previous experience in property, apartment, hotel, hospitality or restaurant management, including a track record of leasing or sales
* Accomplished at delivering world class 5 star customer service
* Experience operating computer
systems for property and/or hotel operations, logistics, finance and inventory
* Bachelor s degree (strongly preferred)
* Willingness and ability to regularly work weekends
* Reliable personal transportation
Benefits At Archstone we recognize that exceptional people need exceptional rewards.
Beyond our competitive total compensation packages, your schedule at Archstone will provide you with a quality of life that is difficult to achieve within property management or hospitality roles.
Imagine a 40 hour week without late nights! Additionally our benefits package reflects our respect for workplace contributions, professional goals and personal priorities.
As an Assistant Community Manager with Archstone, you will be eligible for:
* Choice of medical and dental plans, a 401(k) plan and other benefits including short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Training and professional development courses and in-house training sessions
* Additional benefits including a variety of paid leaves, such as vacation and holidays
* Opportunity for significant discounts when you live in an Archstone property
To learn more about Archstone, visit our website at ArchstoneApartments.com.
Archstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a condition of employment, a satisfactory hair follicle drug test and background check are required.
Ad provided by Jobirn